Sunday, August 8, 2010

2 Month Check-up

Two weeks ago I took Violet to her 2 month check-up... alone. Unfortunately, Adam had to work that day. Neither of our appointments could be rescheduled. I went in knowing that it was going to be difficult because Vi was going to get her first set of 4 immunizations. I didn't think too much of it; I knew it had to be done. The shots were brutal. Mostly for me... she stopped screaming bloody murder in less than a minute. Then a wave of anxiety and confusion set over me. Adam had repeatedly talked about how he thought immunizations could cause autism. I had just brushed him off. I knew she had to have the shots for school and travel, etc. I left the doctor's office wondering if he was right. I frantically called him, crying and asking if we had done the right thing. He didn't know that he had freaked me out so much. He quickly assured me that everything he had told me had been debunked. He said it wasn't true and Violet would be fine. I was doing the right thing for our little girl. We have to continue with the immunizations at 4 months, 6 months and I'm sure into her toddler years. I am not looking forward to them and will always wonder.



I do always look forward to getting her "stats".
At birth: Weight: 8lbs 2oz, Length: 19 3/4in

2 weeks (6/10/10): Weight: 8lbs 9oz (50th percentile), Length: 20 1/2in (55th percentile), Head: 13 1/2in (10th percentile)

4 weeks (6/25/10): Weight: 9lbs 5oz (
50th percentile), Length: 21 1/2in (75th percentile), Head: 13 3/4in (5th percentile)

9 weeks (7/26/10): Weight: 10lbs 15oz (
50th percentile), Length: 23 1/4in (85th percentile), Head: 14 1/2in (5th percentile)